Check out these business link images:
London Food Link February soirée 2011 at Dalston FARM:shop
Image by mermaid99
An evening of networking, news and the opportunity to meet those involved at the heart of the sustainable food movement in London
London Food Link is an active network of organizations and individuals: local businesses, charities and organizations, farmers, food writers and food growers; caterers, cooks and community food projects in London that are working to improve the sustainability of the capital’s food sector.
Chat with the luminaries of London’s sustainable food scene and hear the latest news and projects. We will have 15 speakers and hot vegan food provided by the wonderful Happy Kitchen with a cask of North London Redemption Brewery's Pale Ale at the inspiring FARM:shop Dalston. The FARM:shop is an urban food 'hub', cafe and arts venue complete with mini 'aquaponic' fish farms, rooftop chicken coops, indoor allotments and polytunnels.
Talks will begin from 17:00 with networking from 18:30-ish.
There will be 5 minute presentations from a variety of interesting food based projects. You may also bring along materials to display on the networking table.
Speaker line up so far:
* Ben Reynolds - www.thejelliedeel.org/ @thejelliedeel1
* Georgie Knight - www.londonfoodlink.org/ @londonfoodlink
* Sustain's Fish Cities campaign - www.sustainweb.org/sustainablefishcity/ @fishcities
* School Food Matters - to ensure that every child enjoys fresh sustainable food at school and understands where their food comes from - www.schoolfoodmatters.com/ @sfmtweet
* Cultivate London - converts disused land across London into small farms and produces fresh herbs, salad leaves and vegetables - www.cultivatelondon.org/ @Cultiv8London
* Alara Organic cereals - new anaerobic digestion system at the Kings Cross processing facility - www.alara.co.uk/
* Westminster Artisans - run 2 London street markets - www.westminsterartisans.co.uk/
* My Coffee Stop - award winning community-minded coffee shop serving Fairtrade Coffee & muffins made with Fairtrade ingredients - wwwmycoffeestop.co.uk/ @MyCoffeeStopUK
* Dalston FARM: shop - London's first urban farming hub - farmlondon.weebly.com/index.html @farmlondon
* Happy Kitchen - caterers using seasonal and local food - www.happykitchen.org.uk/
* Tilt Studios - Allergen Cafe Model and Community food - www.tiltstudioinc.com/tiltstudioltd/ @tiltstudio
* Vertical Veg - vertical growing - www.verticalveg.org.uk/ @verticalveg
* think5 - foodtube project using telephone boxes
* Lardo London - potential Dalston restaurant seeking local suppliers - www.lardo.co.uk/ @lardolondon
* Tapwater - new charity promoting drinking tap water - www.tapwater.org/
* Kathryn - River of Flowers - www.riverofflowers.org/